The Latest in Treatments for Breast Diseases
Surgery is usually the first line of attack against breast cancer. Dr. Manord offers the latest procedures for the diagnosis and treatment of benign and malignant diseases of the breast.
When you visit General & Vascular Surgery Northwest Alabama, Inc for treatment, you receive quality care and personal attention. We’re accommodating about scheduling. Please call us today at 256-332-1500 to schedule your appointment.
Breast Surgeries Performed in Our Practice
- Breast Surgery — Breast surgery treats benign and malignant diseases of the breast.
- Minimally invasive biopsy — These require very small incisions to sample breast abnormalities seen on mammograms or ultrasounds to determine if there is a cancer present.
Breast Cancer Surgery
- Nipple-sparing mastectomy — Removes all breast tissue except the nipple and skin, which allows for a better cosmetic result.
- Lumpectomy — This procedure is used to remove only the portion of the breast which contains cancer. It usually requires radiation after the surgery.
- Mastectomy — This removes all breast tissue and the nipple. It’s frequently done in conjunction with a plastic surgeon for immediate reconstruction.
- Sentinel node biopsy — This procedure samples the lymph nodes in the axilla on the side of a breast cancer but spares most of the nodes to minimize arm swelling.