Effective Treatment for a Wide Range of Diseases
General surgery is a discipline that requires knowledge of and familiarity with a broad spectrum of diseases that may require surgical treatment.
At General & Vascular Surgery Northwest Alabama, Inc, your surgeon will be Dr. Manord. In our practice, you’ll receive personal attention and exceptional service. We care about our patients, and we’re quite accommodating about scheduling. Please call us at 256-332-1500 to schedule your appointment.
General Surgeries Performed by Dr. Manord
Dr. Manord performs the following surgical procedures when it is determined that they are necessary:
Gastrointestinal Surgery — These are procedures for the treatment of diseases of the abdominal organs. Both laparoscopic and open approaches are available depending on your history and problem.
- Colon and rectal surgery for benign and malignant disease
- Hemorrhoids (minimally invasive approaches)
- Upper and lower endoscopy (EGD and colonoscopy)
- Reflux surgery
Thoracic Surgery — This is performed to treat benign and malignant diseases of the lungs and chest cavity.
- Minimally invasive lung surgery (thoracoscopy)
- Bronchoscopy (airway endoscopy)
Head and Neck Surgery
Urologic Surgery — This involves the treatment of disease of the male reproductive organs.
Hernia Surgery — Hernias are defects in the abdominal wall causing a bulge in the abdomen or inguinal area. Intestines or fat may protrude into the hernia. Laparoscopic or open approaches may be used depending on your history and type of hernia.
- Abdominal hernias
- Inguinal hernia (endoscopic and open approaches)
Skin Biopsy — This procedure is usually done in the office to determine the cause of a skin lesion. Skin cancers may be squamous cell, basal cell, or malignant melanoma.
- Skin cancer — Treatment may be in the operating room or in the office depending on the size. Melanoma is frequently combined with sentinel node biopsy, which is a sampling of the lymph nodes that drain the area of the melanoma.